1) Start liking someone else quick. In this position of depression, you are very vulnerable to emotional attacks. Liking someone else will distract you from that old girl.
2)Don’t listen to any slow or love songs… you will grow desperate.
3) If you are friends with her, make it clear to yourself that friendship is all she/he wants. She/he has her boyfriend/girlfriend because she/he likes him/her!
4)Be sensitive to her/him, but not overly. You’ll just be digging a deeper hole for yourself.
5) There are other women/men, who will accept you! Go for it.
6)Go out and have some fun. Don’t just stay at home thinking about what she’s/he’s doing with the bf/gf.
7) Don’t cry over a woman/man who doesn’t like you.
8)Do not let yourself think that you are not attractive, or that you will never find someone better. There is always someone better.
9) If she/he has a MySpace, Facebook, etc, avoid her page. Seeing her/him and her bf/gf there will just hurt.
10) Don’t have her/him within your top 5/10/etc, unless you are practically best friends. She’ll/he’ll just be suspicious.
11) Try not to look at her/him.
12)If you start to think about her/him, then think about someone else. Someone hotter.
13)Don’t be calling her/him a lot. That’s just not cool.
4) Don’t look at her/him as the most important person in your life.
15) Say no to her/him once in awhile.
16)If you are a student: Forget her because it could effect your mental health, which will directly affect your studies. After all, your degree is more important.
17)Make sure that you self analyze your relationship and jot down the pros and cons of your relationship: This is the most important step to prepare yourself, as you will need to know exactly what makes your relationship work: Is it the love, is it the sex, is it the companionship, is it the family pressure, is it your friends etc. You need to know the strong points and the weak points in your relationship. This way you can build on the strong aspects on your relationship, while neutralizing the weak aspects.
18)Make sure that you especially analyze your faults and weaknesses: For example, if your ex-lover thought that you were self centered, then you should recognize this and thus take steps to change yourself. Don’t forget that whatever caused your relationship to fail, you hold the key inside you. However, in order to fix it, you must know what aspects of yourself to change.
19)While you are doing the self analysis above, make sure that you provide your ex-partner with some space and time. Your partner must understand that you won’t die, because your relationship has broken. Don’t forget that emotional blackmail is the worst thing that you can do. If you want to win your ex back, you must be confident and you must show your ex that life doesn’t revolve around you two.
20)Improve yourself: To show your ex that you have changed and also to show that you still have the positive qualities that you had in your relationship; you must improve yourself. Go to a gym and start a weight loss program, whether you need it or not. At the least try to make yourself physically fit. If possible, change your job and get a better one to show that you can be a better person.
21) Make sure that you keep the channels of communication open: Go to your friends for advice. If you have the chance, make sure that you visit your ex-lovers friends. Show them that you have changed, so that they can tell your ex informally. No matter what happens make sure that you have a calm demeanor. The task ahead to make up won’t be easy; but these preparations will help you get through it